Thorndale ISD will update this page with all information pertaining to COVID-19 and TISD.
All announcements, surveys and information may be found here.
Surveys are at the bottom of the page and please complete if you have not already.
- 4/3/2020 Update – Thorndale COVID 19 Comprehensive Plan – In order to keep our students, parents and community as up to date as possible we have put together a comprehensive plan document for Thorndale ISD. It has information about school closure, remote learning, student meals and our general philosophy on how to deal with our “current normal” situation. This document will constantly be updated with answers to Frequently Asked Questions and additional updates.
- 3/31/2020 Update – Update from Mr. Ivy. Due to the ongoing COVID 19 outbreak Governor Abbott has extended the school closure through May 1st. We are constantly meeting to discuss how we can make the distance learning environment better. Your principals and teachers will continue to update you as we make adjustments. Again, thank you for your patience and your assistance in helping our students through this tough time.
- 3/25/2020 Update – Community Resources Document – If you are need of a service during this time please refer to the document Nurse Sanders has provided.
- 3/19/2020 Update – Student Medication Pick-up: Attention Parents: If you would like to pick up your student’s prescription medications for use at home, please contact Sara Sanders at 512-898-2912, option 4, or email@example.com. A time will be arranged for you to meet with the nurse in the school parking lot.
- 3/16/2020 Update – Lunch Announcement: While our district will be closed on March 16th-20th, we will continue to offer our students nutritious meals each day. Starting Tuesday, we will open a "drive through" meal pick up line behind the Thorndale ISD Cafeteria. 104 E. Moerbe St. Thorndale, TX 76577. Meals will be provided free of charge for all Thorndale ISD students during designated service times. Staff and volunteers will be available to hand you the meals, so please do not exit your vehicle. Due to federal guidelines, the student MUST be in the vehicle to receive a meal. Lunch will be available this week Tuesday through Friday from 11:30am - 12:30pm.
- 3/16/2020 Update – TISD Athletic Facilities Closed: TISD is not allowing the use of any of our athletic facilities by anyone until further notice.